Tuition and Fees
- NON-REFUNDABLE/NON-TRANSFERABLE Registration Fee of $25 per family due at time of Registration. The registration fee is renewed every year in August or if a student withdraws for one month or more.
- Tuition is due on the 1st of the month, a late fee of $10.00 will be added to your tuition after the 10th of each month. This fee is accruable. If previous month’s tuition has not been paid, student may not participate in class until balance is paid. Preferred method of payment is automatic deduction from Debit/Credit Card or Bank Account. Automatic deduction form must be filled out in the office. All account information is kept off site in a secure location. All charges will appear on your bank statement or credit card statement as being from Grace Dance Studio. Costumes, Recital Fees, or other charges will be charged on the due date if not paid or notified of another payment method.
- Past due statements will be emailed if payment has not been received by the 10th with a $10 late fee. Late fees will not be waived after statements have been sent.
- All fees must be paid in full before any student is allowed to participate in the recital.
- Withdrawal from the studio/dropping a class must be made in writing 3 days prior to the 1st day of the next month or tuition will still be due. Tuition is NON-REFUNDABLE/NON-TRANSFERABLE. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- There is a $30 fee for each returned check.
- NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS for any reason.
- GDS does NOT pro-rate for ABSENCES or HOLIDAYS.
- Students must arrive and be picked up promptly. Please arrive at least 10 minutes early for class and no more than 10 minutes late leaving class. For your child’s safety, please inform him/her to wait in the lobby area until you arrive.
- Parents are welcomed to watch class through the viewing window, however no parent/visitors are allowed in class or allowed to interact with their children in class.
- Students must be in required dance attire in order to attend class. See Dress Code
- Make-up classes are not offered due to classroom space and times so please make every effort to attend each class.
Vacation Dates GDS follows vacation dates and bad weather school closures set by the Northside Independent School District. There is no reduced tuition for vacation or bad weather days.
- September 7 Labor Day
- October 12 Columbus Day
- November 23 – 28 Thanksgiving Break
- December 21 – January 2 Winter Break
- January 18 Martin Luther King Day
- March 14 – 19 Spring Break
- March 25 – 27 Easter Weekend
- April 22 Battle of Flowers
- May 30 Memorial Day
- June 13 – 14 Dress Rehearsal
- June 15 – 16 Recital
GDS will hold its annual recital June 2016. The show will take place at the Edgewood Performing Arts Center. For those performing in recital, DRESS REHEARSAL is MANDATORY. Please make arrangements to have your child at dress rehearsal. Costume orders are NON-REFUNDABLE/NON-TRANSFERABLE Costumes for recital typically run $55 to $110 and are ordered in January (this fee does not include tights.) RECITAL COSTUME PAYMENT PLAN: Costume payments are divided into 2 payments. Deposits are due January 10th. If deposits are not paid, your child WILL NOT BE ABLE TO participate in Recital. Final payments are due IN FULL by March 20th. RECITAL FEE (approximately $45 per family) is due in February. If the Recital Fee is not paid by the deadline, your student will not be allowed to participate in recital.
GDS makes every effort to inform parents and students of important information. Our primary means of communications is through e-mail so all families must provide an active email address. We also communicate through Facebook, mail, telephone, & the lobby bulletin board. It is ultimately the responsibility of our parents to make sure they have received the information and that we have the correct e-mail and phone number on file.
GDS is hereby granted permission to take photographs of the students to use in brochures, web sites, posters, advertisements and other promotional materials the school creates. Permission is also hereby granted for the school to copyright such photographs in its name.
GDS reserves the right to provide a substitute teacher if the regularly scheduled teacher is ill or otherwise unable to teach classes. If a teacher is ill and the studio cannot arrange a substitute, classes will be canceled and a make up date will be provided.